1. CONTRACT: The Contract for a short-term holiday rental shall be made between the Client and Lilac Cottage. The contract will be entered into when Lilac Cottage confirms the booking and will be subject to all the following booking conditions.
2. PAYMENT: A deposit of £100 (or 10% whichever is the greater) is payable if the booking is made more than 8 weeks before the commencement of the rental with the balance due no later than 8 weeks prior to the start of the rental. Non-payment of the balance of the rental on or before the due date shall be construed as a cancellation of the contract by the Client. For bookings made less than four weeks before the commencement of the rental the total rental fee is payable on booking; payment can only be accepted by cheque if it is denominated in sterling (U.K. pounds) and received not less than 4 weeks before the commencement of the rental. Cheques shall be made out and sent to ‘Mrs Sian Choma-Peters, 32 The Valley, Radford Semele, Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, CV31 1UZ’. Details for bank transfer will be sent with initial confirmation of booking acceptance.
3. CANCELLATION: Any cancellation made by the Client for whatever reason shall be confirmed in writing addressed to ‘Mrs Sian Choma-Peters, 32 The Valley, Radford Semele, Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, CV31 1UZ’. Lilac Cottage will seek to re-let the property for the period of the booking. If Lilac Cottage is successful in re-letting the property for the whole period it shall refund the full amount less an administration charge of £30. If Lilac Cottage is successful in re-letting the period for only part of the booked period it shall refund an amount equal to the amount paid less (a) the rental for the period which is not let and (b) an administration fee of £30. If Lilac Cottage is unable to re-let the property at all then all monies paid by the client shall be forfeit to Lilac Cottage.
4.CANCELLATION INSURANCE: Cancellation Insurance is not compulsory but Lilac Cottage does strongly recommend the client takes out such insurance cover to protect against the cancellation penalty.
5. VAT.: Lilac Cottage is not registered for VAT purposes and no VAT will be levied.
6. PERIOD OF HIRE: Rentals commence, unless otherwise notified, at 4 p.m. on the day of arrival and terminate at 10 a.m. on the day of departure.
7. NUMBER OF PERSONS USING THE PROPERTY: The number of persons occupying the property must not exceed four except for an additional baby – travel cot available. A fifth person may be accepted to use the sofabed in the lounge by prior arrangement. Lilac Cottage reserves the right to refuse entry to the entire party if this condition is not observed.
8.COMPLAINTS: Should there be any cause for complaint during the occupation of the property, it must be notified promptly to Lilac Cottage.
9. CARE OF THE PROPERTY: The Client shall take all reasonable and proper care of the property and its furniture, pictures, fittings and effects in or on the property and leave them in the same state of repair and in the same clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period as at the beginning. If the property is not left in a clean and tidy condition, any extra cleaning needed will be charged to the guest.
10. BREAKAGES OR DAMAGE: The Client is legally bound to reimburse Lilac Cottage for replacement, repair or extra cleaning costs on demand.
11. PETS: Lilac Cottage does not accept pets.
12. LIABILITY: Lilac Cottage, its employees and agents does not accept third party liability in respect of breach of contract, negligence, misrepresentation or otherwise.
13. WARRANTIES: Lilac Cottage does not warrant and is not responsible for the accuracy of any verbal information given or statements made by any of its servants or agents.
14. RIGHT OF ENTRY: Lilac Cottage shall be allowed the right of entry to the property at all reasonable times to carry out any emergency repairs or maintenance.
15. CHILDREN: Guests must accept responsibility for their own and their children’s safety.
16. WI-FI: Guests at these premises using the broadband facilities agree not to use the service for unlawful or illegal purposes.
17. RESPONSIBILITY FOR BELONGINGS: Lilac Cottage is not responsible for guest belongings and is not liable for damage to, loss or theft of guest belongings during their stay. We strongly recommend that guests either take out travel insurance or check that their home insurance provides adequate cover.